It's also on CNN.com
http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/internet/09/09/music.swap.settlement/index.html
It was up on that site last night...

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: September 10, 2003 4:51 PM
To: J. T.
Cc: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: (313) 12 year old is sued by the RIAA

I posted it and it was from DJ magazine online - but I can't find anything
that backs up that article. Even Norm Coleman (the Rep. Senator from my
state of Minnesota) doesn't mention it on him home page so I'm beginning to
wonder where DJ mag got their info from.

this is the link to the DJ mag article
http://www.djmag.com/news_5.asp

MEK

                      "J. T."

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:
[EMAIL PROTECTED],
                      l.com>                    313@hyperreal.org

                                               cc:

                      09/10/03 02:48 PM        Subject:  Re: (313) 12 year
old is sued by the RIAA

so what was that message posted just yesterday about the riaa vs
individuals? i forget, and i lost the message.

>someone just forwarded me this - I don't know where it's from:
>

>"A shy Manhattan schoolgirl who gets a kick out of nursery songs and TV
>themes was among 261 people sued yesterday for downloading music from the
>Internet.
>
>Brianna LaHara, a curly-haired 12-year-old honor student who started
>seventh grade yesterday at St. Gregory the Great Catholic school on W.
90th
>St., couldn't believe she's one of the "major offenders" the music moguls
>are after.
>
>"Oh, my God, what's going to happen now?" she asked after hearing of the
>suit. "My stomach is all in knots."
>
>Told she may have to go to court, Brianna's eyes widened behind
wire-rimmed
>glasses and she said, "I'm just shocked that of all the people that do
>this, I'm on the list."
>
>The Recording Industry Association of America said the suits filed
>yesterday included about 60 that targeted suspects in New York who
>downloaded more than 1,000 songs.
>
>The group blames computer users such as Brianna, who use software programs
>to trade music with others on the Internet, for a 30% drop in music sales.
>
>Each person sued yesterday could be liable for fines up to $150,000 for
>each poached track.
>
>'Appropriate action'
>
>Experts had predicted a large number of the suits likely would name
>youngsters.
>
>"Nobody likes playing the heavy and having to resort to litigation, but
>when your product is being regularly stolen, there comes a time when you
>have to take appropriate action," said Carey Sherman, president of the
>recording association.

Express yourself with MSN Messenger 6.0 -- download now!
http://www.msnmessenger-download.com/tracking/reach_general