I'm so glad we have the RIAA looking out for artists' welfare... how many
artists you suppose are on welfare right now anyway?

MEK

                      Mike Brown

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       313@hyperreal.org

                      rg>                      cc:

                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: (313) 12 year old
is sued by the RIAA
                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      09/11/03 08:15 PM

jurren baars wrote:
> Michael.Elliot-Knight wrote:
> i think i can safely say that of those $2000 exactly $0.00 goes to the
> artists.
>
> why?

Because they expressly said so.

http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/2003/09/08/riaa/

"Asked if any of the potential settlements would go back to artists,
Sherman
said it wouldn't. Instead, the money will go back into the RIAA's copyright

enforcement efforts."

There you go.