If artists/labels start selling music online by themselves, on their one web
page, how are you going to find it?
It would work for establish artists/labels, because people would be
searching for their music, but lets say someone totally new appears. He
set's up a web page, puts his music online, and nothing happens. It's the
same as if he would record CDRs, go in front of his house and sell them
there (ok, a bit easier to get to him over internet :), but you get the
picture.

Like it or not, there will always be some middle man.

Jernej
www.soundoflj.com/octex