diana potts wrote:

I always had a problem
with certain American producers putting their records
through Europe so they could get the "import" markup.
grrr. but that's another subject.

You have to remember, that they may be putting it out through Europe, as they may have a mfg & distribution deal. I'm somebody, who for the last 10 years has primarily concentrated on purchasing mainly domestic vinyl, ask anyone who knows me. I've been a primary advocate of saving domest techno/house/electro , by purchasing domestic techno/house/electro.
But some of these records would not even be put
out , if it wasn't for the European distribution deal that was made.

Dave