From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>Just before everyone marches out of the saloon, could I possibly
>steer the debate onto a less contentious area?
>
>There's a lot of mentioning of band names that I don't know, I've
>heard a track by Genesis P Orridge (pretty tasty IMO) that he did
for
>one of the Sabres Of Paradise compilations a few years back now
>(Septic Cuts IIRC) but don't know who Psychic TV and Coil are.
>Basically, who are all these people/bands and how do they fit
into
>the techno firmament?
>
>Anyone care to enlighten me?

wow. theres lots to learn. genesis p orrige was in throbbing
gristle, the band that basically "invented" industrial music. PTV
was a later project that was more acid house oriented, though not
exclusively. coil is peter christopherson (also of throbbing
gristle fame) and john balance. those guys are nuts, their records
were very influential to me when i was like 15. without all that
kind of stuff, id have never been able to get into techno house
and jungle. theres so much more to say about these cats but i have
to run to work.

tom

andythepooh.com