aahhh..wutsup doc! :P

yeah i'm anxious to get the two new headspaces! sounds like 2 gems dropped at once...
and i have the new arne on technoir but havent gotten to listen to it yet..
iridite 4 is dope too! i think my two favorite tracks on there are the ones by marco bernardi (chugging deep techno, much deeper and better than he is known for previously i'm told..is hot!) and the poke (coming off like juan circa skynet, lovely)

i also just got these:
lucky&easy - pimp soul blister (ann aimee #3) -- niiiiceee!! the a-side is a 11 minute track that mutates several times, is really more like 3 or 4 tracks...starts out with a great classic sounding swingy detroit bit, then a more spaced-out housey bit, then more idm-y/electro-y, very cool, nice journey...i really love that beginning especially, not far off from strand stuff!...b1 is a hazy idm-hiphop thing with some nice quiet growling sounds and lovely very soft strings and muffled melodic bits...very serene and laidback, but very nice. b2 is another mix of idm with hiphop and even a little bit of hip-house sounding beats, its pretty out there..more towards cim and previous lucky&easy i think, nice again...

m>o>s - goddess / razor (m>o>s 001) -- more brilliant, classic sounding stuff from m>o>s!...a-side has a short little intro of a bubbling delaying melody ala juan, followed by goddess which is all swirling deep pads and simple housey bassline, nice hats...very nice, but honestly not one of my favorite m>o>s tracks. but the b-side brings razor which is one of my very favorite m>o>s tracks...has that amazing bleak but warm but tense feeling of m>o>s best stuff, little portamantoed chirps and yelps...brilliant, beautiful...it's kinda sleepy, but at the same time tense and exciting. just the most lovely mood. yeah. i love m>o>s . then there's a short outro of beautiful undulating strings/pads..

starfighterz - 4 flavors of a 2 sided story pt1 (delsin) -- ohhhhh flavor 1 is perrrrfect deep broken beat techno, sounding remarkably like old dan curtin..really really good!! beautiful sounds and melodies, this really brings back memories...flavor 4 on the b-side is not as creative or personal sounding to my ears, more of a familiar deep techno groove...reminds me a little of dimension 5 stuff...very nice, but hard to match the creativity and sharpness of flavor 1...great record tho! lovely enki bilal label art too ;)

i'm way late to comment on these but oh well:
jon slocum - upstairs at derrick's (mout-1) -- great first release on mout, side a is a 15 minute minimal epic, playing with an arpeggio, ascending/descending pink/white noise bursts, and eventually some nice meandering live-played pitchbending pads/chords...sorta reminds of old rob hood, but it has a bit more looseness and rawness, lovely...side b is equally great, a bubbling low-slung pretty drexciyan (the chords!) jam, real nice loose and live feeling again...dark and plodding beats and bass (808 cowbells and sticks making it kinda playful tho too) set off against lovely jazzy chords, very personal and creative..essential record i think! not at all what i was expecting given the "electronic punkfunk" description, which makes me think of hard-to-listen-to (imo) stuff like maurice fulton and dfa etc..this is way more soulful and deep to my ears, and just sounds like very funky, creative house & techno to me...

yotoko - all creation remix ep (delsin) -- ohhhh mannn...this record might be what makes me officially a broken beat fan...the all creation remix itself sounds to me like dbx doing a twisted dan curtin remix...so unique and minimal and funky and aww yeah. i really like mad daze too, dope pings and whistles and snarling bass and subtle guitar samples..sounds are organized really nicely, i dont remember being so into the nubian mindz lp or much other broken beat i've heard..maybe i should check it out again..

i suck at reviews/words today sorry
jt

ps will email you soon k!! out of contact but not at all forgotten..:)

I'm back!

I heard some great new releases coming up...
Two marvelous moody, but light headed releases of Arne Weinberg. One on
Headspace [way the go Tom!] and one on Technoir.
If I could pick them out for a review somewhere I would've done them both
!!!

The magnificent talent of Rei Loci [Iridite prod] also surfaces on
Headspace... and how!
Funky 101 with a truckload of Soul and rhythms.

: )

Wait till you hear the new Iridite my friends... YEEHAAAW!

Dr. Nutcracker

Want to check if your PC is virus-infected? Get a FREE computer virus scan online from McAfee. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963