starfighterz - 4 flavors of a 2 sided story pt1 (delsin) -- ohhhhh flavor 1 is perrrrfect deep broken beat techno, sounding remarkably like old dan curtin..really really good!! beautiful sounds and melodies, this really brings back memories...flavor 4 on the b-side is not as creative or personal sounding to my ears, more of a familiar deep techno groove...reminds me a little of dimension 5 stuff...very nice, but hard to match the creativity and sharpness of flavor 1...great record tho! lovely enki bilal label art too ;)

yeah the descriptions of this Starfighterz eally interested me on this one and it doesn't disappoint! melodic and detroit, yet also cutting into some new sounds too... everything I like about where the more soulful side of techy-beats. Delsin still bringin' the deep electronix. The Dan Curtin as reference point makes total sense.

peace
Matt MacQueen