        From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Sent: Mon 20/10/2003 08:18
        To: 313@hyperreal.org
        Subject: (313) Pete Tong

        right, I know you're all thinking "wtf have I got an email with Pete
Tongs
        name in the title for?"

        well, get this.

        I haven't listened to Pete Tong for years, at least 4 I reckon.

        so, I'm at my mates house on Friday night, and radio one is on. We're
just
        about to go to the pub, and he starts playing this track..

        my ears prick up a bit, because it doesn't sound like the usual fayre
from
        Pete Tong, so me and my mate hang on a little to see what the track is
he's
        playing. I can't remember the title, but it was half decent.....

        so then, next up, he drops Joris Voorn! I'm pretty surprised at that - I
        presume it's one off Joris Voorn's Keynote 12"? I'm unaware of other
Joris
        Voorn stuff.

        so after playing two pretty nice tracks, he plays Dave Clarke's new
single
        (which is horrible btw), which still represents a big swing in sound for
        him.

        so I'm wondering. Pete Tong represents the sound of commercial clubland
        right? Is this whats going on? are commercial dj's playing underground
        techno tracks?

        what with Rolando etc on Fergie, and now this, I'm starting to wonder
whats
        going on....!

        and, to top it all off, I see my mate on Saturday, and he says his mix
of
        Scruff has been on daytime rotation on radio one for the past three
weeks!

        whats going on folks? or is it me going a little bonkers? Is the world
        starting to take an interest in 'techno' music?

        behalf of PricewaterhouseCoopers.

        telecommunications systems. By replying to this e-mail you
        give your consent to such monitoring