I read it and didn't like it either.

It was entertaining at times, but too biased to be a book about
electroinic music in GENERAL. It was like reading a thesis paper where
the writer is trying to prove that electronic music is linked to raves
which in turn are linked to drugs and therefore it shouldn't be
separated. The Title should've been, Generation Ecstacy, The Importance
drug culture in EDM.

He kept making a point of saying that EDM music and drugs "GO" together
and any attempt to separate the two is not successful. i.e. concept
albums have no place in edm ,,,tracks are  being better than songs???
There's way too many reference to Ecstacy as been "GOOD" for EDM and
even a whole Chapter on the positive use of E.

All of this is fine but I think he purposefully hid this agenda in a
book that was marketed as "General" book about EDM.

Ja'Maul Redmond

PERKINS & WILL

1100 South Tryon Street, Suite 300
Charlotte, North Carolina 28203