[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> also, (and I can't remember who told me this, maybe it was from the list -
> greg earle?) but different members of the band used to produce and write
> different tracks, so maybe that accounts for the severe differences in
> sound?  Maybe?

T'wasn't me, no.

Visage was an all-star band - 3 members of Magazine, 2 members of
Ultrasheen erm... I mean Ultravox, along with ringleader Steve Strange
(he of Blitz club fame) and Blitz DJ/Rich Kids drummer Rusty Egan.
Perhaps that explains the ecclecticism.

Visage tidbits: The album "The Anvil" (1982) contained "Frequency 7 (Dance
Mix)".  Never heard the "(Dance Mix)" version - is that the one that
became famous in Detroit?  How different is it than the 7" B-side version?

Strangely enough, "Frequency 7" doesn't appear on "Fade To Grey - The
Best Of Visage" (1994).  Guess the compilers weren't from Detroit  :-)

Anyone ever see "Mirai Eno Butou", the 1986 Japanese LaserDisc-only
video release (16 promo clips, 52 minutes long)?

        - Greg