There's your answer Atomly.
I guess we'll just have to live with the fact that Jeff won't play in the
US - it's his choice and his right to choose where he lives and where he
plays and as long as he pays his taxes he's under no obligation to do
differently. I'm sure he's not the only one who does this - Europe just has
a better appreciation of the music but maybe America/Chicago has a higher
standard of living (for him). He charges more for a particular record -
don't buy it if you don't want to.

MEK

                      Kent williams

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        To:       313 list
<313@hyperreal.org>
                                               cc:

                      01/14/04 09:26 PM        Subject:  Re: (313) axis

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Do you know when the last time Jeff Mills was hired to play in Chicago?
Or
> the last time he was offered to play there?

Anyone who wants to book Jeff Mills has to get through his manager.
Easier said than done.  Frederic has told me flat out that Jeff won't
play in the US. Since I tried to talk to him about playing here, Mills
has played Detroit once, and NYC a few times.

Chicago isn't a techno town. Mani and Ken and Karl try and do stuff, but
appearances by Detroit artists in Chicago are few and far between.
Since the rave scene in Chicago is dead, and the big clubs are aimed
at the meathead crowd, the market just isn't there.

Matt McQueen would know more about it...