Ronny asked:
"any suggestions on the easiest/cheapest way from hamburg/berlin to
 manchester?"

On the übercheap side:

easyJet flies between Berlin Schönefeld and Liverpool.

If you're in/near Hamburg, Ryanair flies between Hamburg (Lübeck)
and London Stansted; perhaps there's a flight between Stansted
and Liverpool (or Manchester).  (easyJet only flies between Stansted and
Newcastle/Scotland)

On the more expensive tip:

KLM has direct flights between Manchester and Hamburg but obviously
that'll be a bit more expensive ... I think British Airways, BMI and
Lufthansa service that route as well.  Since Ronny's in Germany he
might want to check out

http://www.kelkoo.de/b/a/ss_fluge_MANCHESTER.html

        - Greg (Your TechnoTourist travel agent)

P.S. I'm pissed at you lot for planning a 313 party 2 1/2 weeks after I
     leave London to return home  :-P