i didnt care for the dj kent remix. but i would like to praise the repress from carl on RealSoon records.

peace
ryan burns
and the new perlon is fresh!!!

From: Matt MacQueen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Christopher Davey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CC: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: (313) Theo Parrish remix of DJ Kent
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 12:25:30 -0600

Chris, I've never heard Theo for 6 hours(!), but i've heard him for 3+ and it just gets better and better.. a proper "journey" touching lot of styles, he it all about taking a crowd up and then down and then up again higher, etc..

Speaking of, Theo has got 2 cool/deep remixes of a DJ Kent track "In The Bush." Kent's another all-genre DJ from japan. This limited? BearFunk 12" I would recommend... 2 long sides. One side is just beats (more like a minimal mixtool than something all that strong on it's own) but the flip side has more action and IMHO the value: funky bassline business, and some buried keys and the essence of a murky low-lights deep groove.

And I actually got the original DJ Kent (Bearfunk #2) too cause this remix caught my curiosity. The original is a bit more full, brighter sounds but still great and dense percussion. The other 2 tracks on the original EP are sweet, "Second Moon" is space disco meets electric house / warehouse feel . Then this other track "Brainzoo" sounds like a lost Undisputed Truth track jacked up and re-wired... sh*t i can't tell if these are original productions, re-edits or probably somewhere in that crazy middle-ground inbetween that I love.. (at least one of these tracks credits to a live bassplayer too i think?).

Personally I am a fan of the whole Big Bear / Bearfunk / Hairy Claw labels so if you're into stuff you can get Theo's interpretation on it this time...

peace,
--
Matt MacQueen
http://SonicSunset.com