I also find programming beats into the 909 to be very natural and easy. I
find there's just an intuitiveness and quickness to it, I just slap the
909 into step mode, hit play, and start entering in patterns. It just
*feels* right. :)

I can do the same thing with other drum machines (the Machinedrum, for
example) but not of the other ones i've used have that same tactile feel
to them. Back to it just feeling right.