Well, it's not just Derrick, Kevin Saunderson is part of it as well.

So what part of the business do they need to run better?
 Is it the getting sponsors to support them during a crappy economy part?
Is it the trying to convince the politicians/city to cough up some cash
part?

I'd say the above - but what do I know? And - even if it hasn't manifested in your neighborhood - the economy (where it benefits first...in corporate coffers anyway) IS doing better.

Derrick can take all the business classes in the world but if nobody is
going to give up some money to support Movement - it ain't going to happen
again.

How long do we hold onto our checks before there isn't another festival?

Agreed - most definitely.
It's just a drag that the movers and shakers in the high places can't pony up like they seem to do for Hoedowns, Tastefests, etc.

jeff