Out here in metro Phoenix, it seems that NO ONE knows what techno is. I listen
to it all day in the office (along with some good deep house mixes) and listen
to ghettotech and electro in the car around town. One of my co-workers
described it as sounding like "little ants marching" (I was listening to
"Rekall" on my laptop speakers) and another described it as "that music that's
on all of the car commercials nowadays".

I find that listening to techno is probably the one thing that keeps me
grounded in Detroit.