[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

 ...just started working with my current employer about a month ago.  desk job,
cubicle, plenty o' coffee.  anyway, there's a fairly relaxed policy towards
music in cubicles.  as a result, i spend most of my 8hrs. with great house and
techno pumpin' out of my little PC speakers.  naturally, this being suburban
america, i am the only commuter listening to the music of this list for about
60 miles in all directions.
  i get my fair share of raised eyebrows and cheeky comments from co-workers that are not
familiar with my "weird bass music".  i'm all alone in a sea of alarmist talk
radio, and toby keith anthems.  i'm just curious if any other list-members are immersed
in a similar environment.

cheers,
lrh

I also work in a cublicle based job. Im a unix geek, but I do listen to techno at work sometimes I get comments like turn it off or turn it down .. other times when I'm listening to more minimal stuff I get comments like if you wanted modem chatter I couldve recorded myself dialing up to aol at night and sold it to you for cheaper than what you paid for that cd. *lol*. Anyway its a pretty intresting place and I try to use headphones to help me focus on my work and sometimes I do have to answer the phone so I have the headphones in cue mode (one on one off). Today I listened to Sasha's Involver and got no complaints .. hmm intresting. :)

Great topic btw!

Regards,
Ramon