I don't see Front 242 as being all that more obscure than Nitzer Ebb. John
Acquaviva used to loop the bass line from Headhunter and play it for 20
minutes underneath his unfortunately more progressive fare.

Adn yeah- making fun of Join in the Chant is easy. Its a silly song. It
was silly when I first head it in highschool (and i was NOt an industrial
fan in highschool), but Control I'm Here is the jam, as is pretty much
everything on Belief. Much more subtle and growling (as opposed to
shouting)