Subject: Re: (313) Laptop performances
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 11:01:51 -0400 (EDT)
From: "John Coleman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <313@hyperreal.org>

Just my personal preference here, but I don't really care what they're
doing on stage or what tools they're using. All that matters to me is the
music they create.

It's about the ears and not the eyes. If the music isn't good then no
amount of visual stimulation is going to change that. At that point, they
should just change their name to Britney, hire a choreographer and move to
a genre where appearance is valued over substance. Again, just my personal
ideals here, no offense intended towards anyone.

That said, I wouldn't be okay if someone just put a boombox up on stage,
inserted a CD, pressed play, and then sat down and read a book while it
played. I like to know that they're having at least *some* active
influence over the sounds being created. :)

john.