i'll have a go at mixing a set of wildpitch. i've been meaning to put a new
mix up at my site for a while.
james
www.jbucknell.com

             Matt MacQueen
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
             27/07/04 05:24 PM                                          cc
                                       placid <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Dan
                                       Kurzius <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, 313
                                       <313@hyperreal.org>
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: (313)wildpitch (was  Felix Da
                                       Housecat)

On Jul 25, 2004, at 9:15 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> as much as i love the wild pitch sound, it wasn't a sound that had much
> potential to grow and mutate. without a skilled hand  at the controls
> the
> driving sound of wildpitch can so easily veer into the
> progressive/techy
> realm.

agreed.  Still i'd love it if someone on 313 would do a 'best of Wild
Pitch' definitive tracks mix (of course all open to individual DJ
interpretation, mind) so I can learn some of the oldies, I only have a
handful myself and the trend largely passed me by, and/or i was just
unaware of the sub-genre called 'wild pitch'... I don't even have that
much by Pierre come to think of it...

i do remember a metric ton of crappy PowerMusic / SexTrax records that
sort of turned me off, they came out relentlessly and pretty much over
the line of cheese for me at the time.  But i'm sure some of the early
stuff that was derived from is more redeeming?  was it a strictly
chicago thing or how/when did NYC get involved?  Just thru Strictly
Rhythm releasing soem or what? Sorry i'm late on this thread..

and who's up for doing that mix?

peace
--
Matt MacQueen