On Jul 25, 2004, at 9:15 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

as much as i love the wild pitch sound, it wasn't a sound that had much
potential to grow and mutate. without a skilled hand at the controls the driving sound of wildpitch can so easily veer into the progressive/techy
realm.

agreed. Still i'd love it if someone on 313 would do a 'best of Wild Pitch' definitive tracks mix (of course all open to individual DJ interpretation, mind) so I can learn some of the oldies, I only have a handful myself and the trend largely passed me by, and/or i was just unaware of the sub-genre called 'wild pitch'... I don't even have that much by Pierre come to think of it...

i do remember a metric ton of crappy PowerMusic / SexTrax records that sort of turned me off, they came out relentlessly and pretty much over the line of cheese for me at the time. But i'm sure some of the early stuff that was derived from is more redeeming? was it a strictly chicago thing or how/when did NYC get involved? Just thru Strictly Rhythm releasing soem or what? Sorry i'm late on this thread..

and who's up for doing that mix?

peace
--
Matt MacQueen