nice one matt, sounds just up my street.

ok not 3 chairs but we have one of the "legs" here in the uk soon.

Electric Chair with Theo Parrish

http://www.electriks.co.uk/news/latest.html#mbox

so UK peeps get yerselves down for that!

robin...

On 9 Aug 2004, at 18:01, Matt MacQueen wrote:

Detroit imports 3 Chairs destroyed Smartbar on saturday. Got there I guess after midnight and Theo Parrish was playing when i got there really pounding disco and jack-y raw classic chicago trax and heavy percussive disco and as usual EQ boosting and killing every track to within an inch of it's life. This can sound silly when you hear his mixes at home, but on a packed sweaty dancefloor people were going ballistic for it, and I was lapping it up. At times looked like he was having a seizure behind the decks and the energy was emanating outwards... the floor was full early.

Then Moodymann took his turn sporting a freaky halloween mask, his afro all blowed out huge, and it was a Rick James (R.I.P.) love fest.. he started with 'You and I' and played it start to finish, then later 'Cold Blooded' (god i love that percussion on a big system) and lots of cool disco, also Moscow Discow, rolling stones 'Miss You' (!), the 3-Chairs 'Theme' (also featured on their new 3xLP which is great, BTW)... prince - controversy (w/ everyone singing the "people call me rude, i wish we all were nude" part, hah), anyway if you like dirty disco and detroit house and occasional italo and dusty dance oddities, these guys deliver. Though I usually have no idea what these guys are playing, KDJ seemed to stick to some of the more recognizable cuts but this was fine with the crowd to be sure. The crowd was whooping big, etc. when new tracks where dropped and it was fun to have that kind of a basement house party atmosphere, oozing sweat and spilled drinks everywhere, haa. Unfortunately i had to leave before Rick Wilhite and Malik Pittman got on the decks. I have heard sometimes these guy just play slower dusties and downtempo soul/funk stuff all night, but on saturday it was all about he energetic dance cuts and that was great to see.