Interesting. KDJ did a "Prince Party" at OSLO (Detroit) last weekend. He put
up a translucent screen in front of the booth to obscure his identity. The
set was excellent. Most memorable was the a very long edit of JAN with a
much longer excerpt of the Prince/Mojo interview. Great night.

This Saturday was a free 3 hour D May set in the recently expanded Orchestra
Hall. Sweet set-up with Derrick on the second floor of a three floor
atrium--with partiers above, bellow and all-around. Meanwhile Minx and
Strand tore it up in an adjacent room. Best of all--no smoking inside the
facility!

Peace,
Scott

Then Moodymann took his turn sporting a freaky halloween mask, his afro
all blowed out huge, and it was a Rick James (R.I.P.) love fest.. he
started with 'You and I' and played it start to finish,  then later
'Cold Blooded' (god i love that percussion on a big system) and lots of
cool disco, also Moscow Discow, rolling stones 'Miss You' (!), the
3-Chairs 'Theme' (also featured on their new 3xLP which is great,
BTW)... prince - controversy (w/ everyone singing the "people call me
rude, i wish we all were nude" part,  hah), anyway if you like dirty
disco and detroit house and occasional italo and dusty dance oddities,
these guys deliver.  Though I usually have no idea what these guys are
playing, KDJ seemed to stick to some of the more recognizable cuts but
this was fine with the crowd to be sure.
peace

--
Matt MacQueen
http://SonicSunset.com