Hey, I'll add a little to the  review as well...

backstory: I was in town and happened to check my email earlier that day @ the public library to find out the three chairs were playing only four or five hours later downtown. My source of into? The 313 list! keepin on yo!

My friend and i got their early, almost the first people down there @ 10:30 or so. Marcellus Pitmann was spinning, I guess he must have been standing in for Malik Pittmann who was a no show?? haha..just kidding matt.. Anyway, Marcellus was playing nice groovy midtempo house stuff. I didnt recognize the tracks, but I liked them a they were certainly proper tracks to be opening the night with. Seemed like a nice guy too, but we didn't talk long.

Rick Wilhite is a great Dj as well. As he played the place was slowly filling up. He played more mid tempo house as well, but also dropped in some other great stuff. He did a couple of very tight mixes from house into broken beat detroit, and right back again in an interesting manner. It can get kind of sticky some times if a DJ cant make their transitions in a manner that makes sense for both the mind and the feet, but he did it. I had the pleasure of meeting both him too, he is a hell of a nice guy.

I wasnt sure if it was ricks last record, or theo's first but somebody dropped fix-flash...thats a good way to become my friend if anyone is interested. One part voorn, one part beer... and mix yep :)

I think Matts description of the rest of the night is accurate enough so I'll leave it at that. We left around 3:30 just to beat the rush. I cant believe how late chicago bars stay open... or how crazy the streets are at that hour.

later yo