[EMAIL PROTECTED]

said in response to Matthew Mangold:

yes, as I said, it's not that I don't believe it - I'm just curious to see
if there are stats/charts/bar graphs/whatever in any trade magazines.

from what I read recently - vinyl is actually becoming popular again, very
very slowly, but still...

by the way, there's many reasons distribution companies go out of business besides direct result of drop in sales at the retailers. Nemesis could have
been managed poorly from within on all sorts of levels. They might have
grown out of touch with the changes in the US dance music market. Not
saying that's the reason they've closed but it's just an example of things
that happen. It's not always 1+1=2. Same goes for record retailers. They
open and close more often than distributors I would guess.

MEK

*****

Michael, I sense that your difficulty in accepting easily that what Matthew Mangold and others are reporting is a widespread thing, might have something to do with the fact that you've recently returned from travelling to Europe (and other regions) where 'techno' and all related styles of music (and 'dance music in general) is stubbornly selling quite well, if not exactly having a renaissance. To me, this underscores the notion that non-traditional forms of expression in general, seem able to make marked progress everywhere but in early 21st century America. Am I wrong about this? Seriously, it's not a rhetorical question. I'd like to know what people think.