To me, this underscores the notion that non-traditional forms of
expression in general, seem able to make marked progress everywhere but
in early 21st century America.  Am I wrong about this? Seriously, it's
not a rhetorical question. I'd like to know what people think.

A-side

I think the music industry in general is hurting in america. And to me
it deserves it. Not the Artist, but those that really control the
business aspect of it. Although Electronic music in general is
everywhere; advertising adds, movies, games, etc, there is noone brave
enough to market it. The reason it shows up in these other forms of art
is  because the people that are in control of the creative aspects of
these markets are a part of a very creative generation. The  selling,
releasing, and marketing of music is still controlled by non creative
"bandwagon jumping" business men. Marketing and promoting is everything
and the powers that be, could care less to market non-traditional forms
of art, unless of course it somehow makes it's way into america's
vernacular on it's own. Which is what I think happened in Europe.

B-side
What kind of marketing or promotion does True techno music have here in
america???  The answer is ,,,CLUBS , small indiscreet record stores and
guess what more clubs.  How can a record or a c.d. from a "techno d.j."
get sold if NO ONE knows about them.
I'm in an office of about 40 people, 30 of them are 35 and under. Of
those 30 I would say only 5 knows any electronic artist and only one
(ME) knows about true techno artist.What's wrong with this picture. I
know a lot of people who enjoy this music when they hear it, but the
only place they can hear it, is in a smokey nightclub that's open
between 10:00 and 4:00 a.m.  O.k I'm generalizing here but I think most
of you get my point.  This has been techno music's major problem,
especially hear in america. It's so tied to the dance club industry that
it's alienated itself from a large buying market. And we are definitely
NOT going to get any help from a MAJOR.