That is just the NYC attitude and not a Sonic Groove thing at all!  IMHO

tb

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, October 25, 2004 10:41 AM
To: 313
Subject: Re: (313) Sonic Groove is closed!

oh yeah, full respect for what they've done for techno in the US and their
stock  was great both online and in the store. I'm not happy to see them
close. Their electro section was fantastic and the store was very organized
(and much smaller than I expected). I just recall that I asked about
something they were playing the store and they told me that they just sold
it. It was more the way in which they said it - like they wouldn't have sold
it to me even if they had more copies in the store. I also asked about some
other records they had on the wall behind the counter and the two guys
working were practically ignoring me. I was the only person in the store -
just to make that clear. Pretty f*cking awful.

I went across the street (Carmine) to Vinyl Mania and got great service and
spent most of my money there.

MEK

                      Jason Brunton

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      m>                       cc:       313
<313@hyperreal.org>
                                               Subject:  Re: (313) Sonic
Groove is closed!
                      10/25/2004 11:21

                      AM

Yeah,

  I have to say that although I have a lot of respect for what Sonic Groove
have achieved over the years and am a fan of a lot of the music that was
generated through them, my visit there left me feeling ambivalent towards
them- It was probably the worst treatment I've ever received in a record
shop anywhere in the world- cold, unfriendly and unhelpful.

Jason