On 9-dec-04, at 0:59, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

as in "pensive reflection or contemplation" - been listening to lots of
music that puts me there/or compliments the mood I'm already in (I blame
this rainy, not quite snowing yet, grey weather we've been having)

stuff like:

Opiate, Minotaur Shock, Four Tet, Isan, Mum, Boards of Canada, Blockhead,
Fennesz, etc.

anyone got suggestions for more of this type or more Detroit/313 oriented
music that might fit the bill?

Personally i love most of the Jimmy Edgar (how more 313 can you get :)) stuff, his records on Warp are really nice. Furthermore i am really enjoying a lot of the stuff on Merck especially that album from Edgar as Kristuit Salu vs. Morris Nightingale - My Mines I, also the Secede CD is really nice. Not really 313 orientated but since you mentioned Fennesz i think you will enjoy the album from Apparat on Sh*tkatapult (sorry the 313 textsensor won't let me write the full name :-/) as well.

KJ