Oh yes I have lots of records for those moods, heartache type records.
I always think Mayday's Winter on The Blvd song is the definitive sad one.
You may like the Mulholland Dr soundtrack - I swear the theme sounds so like
Mayday's 'ambient' material.
Also not at all electronic but I recently got sent The World Is Saved by
Stina Nordenstam which is surprisingly jazzy and contemplative.