Singles:

Gris Oveja/E9807 - Alex Under - Cymk Musik

John Tejada & Titonton Duvante - Passing Through - Amalgama:

A neat way to sum up what looks to me to have been a great year for music from
both of these producers.

Sten - Eccentric - Dial
Ultradyne - The Privilege Of Sacrifice -Pi Gao Movement

John Arnold - Cabin Fever/Separately Together/Inside - Ubiquity:

Especially for the Henrik Schwarz take on 'Inside'. It would be my definition
of electric soul.

Subway - Tongue Tied - Threetone Records
B*steroid - Sympathy For Disruption - Arreal
(Sorry for the weird spelling but I think the profanity shield blocked the
correct spelling.)

Metro Area 5 - Environ:

Could you really resist this?!

Jeff Mills - Expanded - Axis

A lot of gimmicks from Mills this year and yet (to my ears) the best thing he
did during the year (and possibly better than anything he released last year)
was almost completely unsung. Serious electronic art.

Albums:

LP OF THE YEAR
Madvillain - Madvillainy - Pias:

This gets my award for being the best crafted LP and most consistent overall
concept within an LP, which I came across this year. To say something is
'timeless' is a cliché, but there's a good reason for that. Often the safest
bet on what will still sound good in 10, 20 years time is a good way of sifting
the wheat from the chaff. This is definitely wheat!

Claro Intellecto - Neurofibro - Ai

Best represses:
69     - My Machines - Planet E
      Ricardo Villalobos - The Contempt - Playhouse:

I don't like to complain and if I ever start getting misty-eyed about the so
called good-old days, someone shoot me, but I have to say, some months this
year, represses of good records which are several years old often outweighed
brand new outstanding releases

Most Promising New Comer - Mathew Jonson, I guess.

Most promising old-timer - Amp Fiddler

Subjective opinion of what was not so good about 2004 - not enough really
interesting house music - although admittedly 2003 was superb for that
These are all of course, just my own personal opinions.