Subject: Re: (313) RE:  M.I.A.
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 16:06:23 -0800
From: Greg Earle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: 313@hyperreal.org

On Feb 1, 2005, at 11:58 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I know that Archetype and former list member Aaron Bennett from Black
> Nation are playing in LA shortly together with Fanon Flowers.  Dunno
> how
> much alive this makes Black Nation but Kalamazoo is still alive
> apparently :)

For all 4 of us (me, Josh 'n' Doris, and Garrett) on the list from LA
;-)

Saturday February 26th
Interface 11.0 by Droidbehavior *Vidal's bday party*

"Featuring 3 of Kalamazoo's techno pioneers.  Located directly between
Chicago and Detroit, Kalamazoo's original electronic artists took
influences from both cities and musical movements to produce their own
interpretations of minimal techno, house and experimentalism.  Jay
Denham,
Fanon Flowers, Dnox and others eventually setup their own labels Black
Nation, Mechanisms, and Sonic Minds (respectively) and spread their
sound
globally thus landing their records into the crates of such high
respected
DJs as Surgeon and Jeff Mills."

Fanon Flowers - live PA [Mechanisms, Cetron, Sheep, Planet E, MI]
Archetype - live PA [Black Nation, Theory, Sonic Minds, NY]
Aaron Bennett [Black Nation, Sonic Minds, Chi]

also:
Acid Circus live PA [Droidbehavior, Deafmosaic, LA]
David F [Audioinjection.com, Monoid, LA]
Abe Mora [H8.k, LA]

Analog visuals by Leticia C.

10-4am | 18 to enter, 21 to drink | $10
info: http://www.droidbehavior.com | 323.525.5652
mailing list: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Coming up sooner, a couple of other vaguely-313-related LA shows:

Sunday February 6th
Soundlab by Plug Research/Green Galactic/PAX/Dublab/everybody else too

THOMAS FEHLMANN [PLUG RESEARCH, Kompakt, The Orb] (LIVE LAPTOP SET)
GUDRUN GUT [MONIKA ENTERPRISE] (DJ SET)

DUBLAB SOUNDSYSTEM SPECIAL GUEST (DJ SET)
SOUNDLAB RESIDENTS BENJAMIN LEBRAVE & KAMAHELE (DJ SET)

Style: Downtempo, Electronica, Hip Hop, Minimal, Eclectic

9-2am | $10 | 21+
located at: Barcopa @ 2810 Main St, Santa Monica, CA 90405
info: 310.452.2445 | http://www.plugresearch.com

Saturday February 12th
DJ Hell @ Circus Disco

DJ Hell [Disko B, International Deejay Gigolos, Germany]
Mount Sims [Emperor Norton, International Deejay Gigolos, LA]
more tba

9-4am | ?? | 21+
located at: Circus Disco @ 6655 Santa Monica Blvd, LA