Ok, you had some valid points, after double checking, I realize I was confusing
the club license with the other licenses.  Here is what the BMI website says:

"BMI also licenses non-broadcast general music users, such as nightclubs,
discos, hotels, bars, restaurants and other venues. While it is virtually
impossible to log and make a separate distribution for such performances, they
are accounted for by BMI's basic premise that the material used in such venues
reflects the songs currently being performed on commercial broadcasting
stations. Therefore, royalties collected from general music users are
distributed on the basis of performances on commercial radio and television
stations."

Therefore, if your music is played in "nightclubs, discos, hotels, bars,
restaurants and other venues" but is NOT played on "commercial broadcast radio"
you will NOT get any royalties even though you should be theoretically entitled
to them.

However, in regards to the webcasting, even $600 is a lot of money for me to
put a DJ mix online on my own website.  However, I'm talking about the
LIABILITY for putting unlicensed mp3 mixes up, which could be very high, not
the cost of being a small webcaster.  I shouldn't have conflated the two -
webcasts vs. mp3 mixes, sorry.

What is soundexchange???

Thanks, David