I may not have been very clear in my first post, so I'll expound a bit. Carl
Craig is and has been one of my favourite artists for about 11 years. I made a
mixtape of his music called  'maestro' once upon a time and in my youth even
said he'd be the closest thing I have to an idol. I still rate most of his
remixes and a lot of his productions very highly but I don't think productions
are a very good indicator of performance skill.

However, when I first saw him about six years ago I had the impression that he
played great tracks but wasn't a very distinctive DJ yet. I saw him a couple
more times before the 2002 Planet E party @ DEMF where he totally blew me away,
showing that his DJing could equal his productions. Since then I've seen him a
number of times and generally rate him highly, may travel to see him, etc. But
I think it has to be the right venue on the right night. Like I would never go
to see him at Turnmills or Fabric (have actually stayed in another room while
he was playing there, etc), and when I last travelled to Brighton to see him I
was pretty dissapointed, because the first half of his set had no momentum
whatsoever. While he rectified that towards the end it still seemed a
lackluster effort. It's gotta be hard to consistently perform well as a touring
DJ, but I sometimes get the feeling he may not be feeling it that much some
nights.

Tristan
=======
[EMAIL PROTECTED]