I suppose the remedy to that is to burn off a bunch of CDs with tracks you
might use that night - then you've mentally attached yourself to the CDs
(if that makes any sense).  Would make it easier to remember what song is
on each CD but also a pain in the butt to prepare.

MEK

             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
             adersDigest.com
             03/17/2005 08:24          r <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                                       313@hyperreal.org, David Gillies
                                       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: (313) OOPS

i too have many many records i have no idea who the artist is or the track
name. not that ehy aren't on the record, but it's not how i identify and
know them.

when pitch adjustable cd players first came out i bought one. but i found
that the thing i disliked the most about djing with cds was that it
involved a different mental process to find the next track i wanted to
play. with records i flick through my box and, if i'm on point, the next
record practically leaps out, no thinking about who the artist is, what the
track is called. no thought involved. but with cds i had to stop and think
- what tracks are on here. no cd ever leapt out. i found it really ruined
the exprerience of djing for me.

james
www.jbucknell.com

             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             music.net>                                                 To
                                       David Gillies <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
             18/03/05 12:52 PM                                          cc
                                       313@hyperreal.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: (313) OOPS

I place a colour every 10 black or white sleaves, and I remember them
by placement.. so if i'm a bit off, its only 5 records away from being
found :)

go brain go!

On 18/03/2005, at 12:48 PM, David Gillies wrote:

> Brian Prince wrote:
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
>>> I don't even read what it says on my records anymore.  I just know
>>> them by
>>> the colors and pictures mostly.
>>> Like, I know I have a green Drexciya record.  And a blue one.  And a
>>> couple others, they are in that one crate, hopefully, right next to
>>> the
>>> stack of books.  A little to the left...  I'm sort of the opposite
>>> of a
>>> trainspotter!
>> That's okay.  At times my CD collection has been sorted chromatically
>> by
>> spine color.  Only way I can reliably find anything.
>
> I did the same with all my records at one stage. It looked purty. I
> found it was easy to find specific records with coloured sleeves, but
> anything with a black or white sleeve eventually became a bit of a
> b*tch.

ForwardSourceID:NT0001BAF2