Kamal, you have put your finger exactly on my two favourite two bits of going out:

1. The bit late on when all the tossers/lifestyle choice clubbers have buggered off, the djs stop trying ot show off and everyone achieves a state of exalted calm/melancholic euphoria

2. The post club dissection/mellow out

Sadly these don't occur very often, but the aforementioned backroom at LOST looms large in the memory - Alex, definitely hear you on the Alex Night remarks. I don't think it occurs rarely because I'm getting old, I think it's because I'm too damn busy.