I should also add that the following night (Easter Sunday) I went to see one of
the heads of Perlon records, Zip/Dimbiman, play at a small party in the city
and he was bloody brilliant. If you guys ever get an opportunity to check him
out, I urge you to do so. A fabulous record collection - I've calculated that
the night is probably going to cost me a couple of hundred bucks in new
purchases... if I can track any of this stuff down, that is...

>>> "Cyclone Wehner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 03/30/05 5:41 am >>>

He was great in Melb at Honkytonks.

He DJed with a computer set-up - Stanton Tracktor thing. (I don't know much
on this stuff but I observed as much).

Started with a 'sample' from Apocalypse Now - a part with the whirling
helicopters and dialogue - and played v minimal techno (as in the newer
German micro style Hawtin favours too) and gradually built up to Detroit
style with a few faves like Strings Of Life - and then finished the arc with
jazzy vibes. His last track was one by Detroit Experiment, from memory. I
think Carl DJs as a programmer and the new technologies have helped him come
into his own as a DJ. Really superb.

Most proclaimed it to be one of the best gigs we've experienced in some
time. Fabulous, responsive crowd.

Christian Vance played live as Phunk De Sonique - layered lush sounds. One
of the most talented techno/house producers in Melb.