> Cyclone Wehner wrote:
>> Alas even at cred cerebral techno events it's obligatory for a female to
>> dress up or be seen as an outcast
>
> Geez, what's going on down there in Melbourne Cyclone? When did the
> techno scene become all about fashion? *shudders*

Clubbing has always been about fashion! Everywhere. I don't think it's a bad
thing. But inherent in fashion are the codes that can be oppressive (usually
to women). I can't recall a girl wearing track suits as guys do! ;)

>> On more informative matters, in one interview here Carl stated that in
>> future Planet E would exist entirely as an outlet for his own music, which I
>> found interesting... Perhaps it's wise of him to streamline in light of the
>> industry changes. But interesting nevertheless. Guess that accounts for why
>> Recloose has struck out on his own with Peacefrog.
>
> I would have just thought that it had more to do with Peacefrog being
> able to get his album more worldwide distribution. His previous album
> was released on Studio K7 afterall.

Studio K7 have much much much much much better promotion for media - they're
really good at that. I should think the distribution with K7 was arranged by
PE. Peacefrog's weakness is bad media - but they may like it that way. They
could get more interviews if they wanted (and not nec with a larger ad
outlay).