At 2:36 PM -0400 4/14/05, /0 wrote:
id like to play somewhere with sound good enough for me to differentiate between a 320k mp3 and a wav file

I'd like to *dance* at a club with sound that good, too!

Anyway, I still don't like the idea of computer files substituting for vinyl. Just think, if DJs ripped their vinyl favs onto their ipods (or laptop hard drives), where would taste-setting airline baggage handlers get their bumpin' tunes?

I tell ya, the world will be a sadder and poorer place if those poor baggage handlers have only old Neil Diamond and Burl Ives records to listen to after work. It'll set civilization (or at least airline service) back at least forty years.

-marc