you don't hav eto play mp3 - you can play aiff files on your ipod. i found
the the difference quite noticable.
james
www.jbucknell.com

             "[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             lnoize.com"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                          To
             lnoize.com>               matt kane's brain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
                                       "Martin Dust"
             15/04/05 03:55 AM         <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
                                       <313@hyperreal.org>
                                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: (313) iPod DJ

Well, I'll just say that in doing Ableton DJ sets, I've mostlyquit using
mp3's, using only encoded vinyl and stuff I've ripped from CD's I own.  I
think avoiding mp3's really improves the sound quality.  So I'm a bit
skeptical what sound you'd get DJ-ing off i-pods.

~David