I think you're missing the point. I'm referring to an entirely different
demographic. Thousands of people have attended the festival in the past,
due to the fact that it was free. It was something new to check out, for
free. They may not be fans of electronic music. But they came to check
it out, just for the sake of it. In case you're not aware, hip-hop is
the music of choice for most of Detroit's inner city population. Mos Def
will attract these people in a way that non hip-hop artists won't. I
wouldn't pay $5 to attend a show that was strictly hip-hop, but if you
threw a couple of my favorite electronic artists on the bill (big names
at that) I'd probably go check it out.