my gripe with idm and the often-associated attitudes is that with IDM it seems technique trumps product.

To: <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 05, 2005 1:10 PM
Subject: Re: (313) detroit, may 12, autechre(live) + SND(live) + rob hall(dj)

Maybe Rob Hall actually quite likes Happy Hardcore?

Yeah, I think he does. I mean, the first skams were hardcore records I
guess.

I'm not a fan myself, but I can see why others might like it.

Yes, of course, and of course there's nothing wrong with that.

In a way, I'm being a musical snob, but I'm just kinda trying to say that I
see enough musical snobbery from people and it gets on my wick when the
ultimate musical snobbery people then come out playing things like happy
hardcore, then STILL remain snobbish towards others.

I'm not singling out Rob Hall by the way at all here, more, well, it's a
long story, but, I know enough 'IDM' heads. Most of them musical
snobs.............. More so than any other people who will be into other
types of music.

I even like 'idm' as Matt says, I have old black dogs, ART, you know, all
that.... I just don't understand the attitude that goes with it.

*he says, being snobbish about music himself*

jesus, I don't even know what I'm trying to say really.

This e-mail is sent by the above named in
their individual, non-business capacity and
is not on behalf of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP.

PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP may monitor
outgoing and incoming e-mails and other
telecommunications on its e-mail and
telecommunications systems. By replying
to this e-mail you give your consent to such monitoring.