fab. wrote:

ok,
i dont want to kill anyone's enthusiasm but i saw them here last week in rome and was not impressed one bit.....

i was expecting autechre to fully bust out with their trademark crunchy poly-rhythms but instead they tried to make it a more danceable event incorporating a stronger kick drum and an almost 4/4 beat. the result was quite boring and not very remarkable at all.

Danceable Autechre sounds just fine to me.

I just bought my ticket, and I'm eager to this show.  I'm truly curious to hear
what they'll be like live and how the complexity of their music comes across on
a large soundsystem.

I'd be quite happy to boogie the night away to their dancier tracks.   (If Surgeon can
play them, why can't Autechre?) That'd be more enjoyable than paying $20 to hear to an
"Amber" chillfest, or some dreadful exercise in audio wankery.

{}o+>|