David Powers wrote:
>If a record is not in print, and a friend of mine has it, I have no
>problem with recording a copy, even if it is illegal.

I'll give you that but you're also not pressing up copies and selling them
as if you owned the material.  Just because you buy something doesn't mean
that you have the right to duplicate it and sell it as your own.

Would you do that with a book by an author who is still alive?

Who ever is bootlegging these Buzz records should be strung up by their
b*lls once for bootlegging it, and then again for the crap quality of the
pressings.

MEK

             "Big 50
             Entertainment"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                          To
             ainment.com>              "'David Powers'"
                                       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
             06/03/05 01:08 PM         <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                                                                        cc
                                       <313@hyperreal.org>
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]         RE: (313) virtual sex lp repressed!
               ainment.com>            ACTUALLY IT'S BEEN BOOTLEGGED, BURN
                                       THE BOOTLEGGERS

Give me a break,
It's not "information," copyrights are intangible assets fixed in sound
recordings ultimately owned by someone.  Perhaps you're thinking of public
domain songs.
Copyright holders have exclusive reproduction and distribution rights which
have been violated with these "copies."  So, not only have the eight
artists
involved been screwed but also the label that put it out (or whoever owns
its rights).
The records are still available to this "society" but no one wants to seem
to wait until they come across them.

I've been guilty of copyright infringement personally but I won't try to
justify it by saying is should be available because people want it.

MG