I really dig some of the earlier stuff that has an
almost broken tech-house vibe. There's definitely some
similarities to Theo (eg Dusty Cabs, etc)- both
rhythmically, in the voicings and even in the ways
that tracks build "energy" in a really minimalistic
way.

See:

Michael Mayer - 17&4 (KOM 4)
(http://www.discogs.com/release/26313)

Sascha Funke - Safety First (KOM 19)
(http://www.discogs.com/release/42296)

In terms of more recent stuff, I really like Justus
Kohncke's stuff, esp. "2 after 909."

And then there's Closer Music's "One Two Three (No
Gravity)" which has a groovy SF dub house vibe but
rolls at like 135, so despite the fact it's a really
cool track, I have no idea how to play it.

-d