Hello everybody.

About backing up your record collection. I'm sure that on this list there is more than enough knowledge about sound processing and recording so here we go:

1. RIAA - Does just plain old mixer do the trick or should I purchase a specific RIAA amplifier (are they called that? ed.)?

2. Technics SL-1200MKII or a Hi-Fi turntable? Rega? Dual?

3. Needle + Cartridge? Ortofon?

4. Soundcard? I currently have a M-Audio Audiophile Delta 24/94 which I bought based on recommendation.

5. Software side and processing. What should I do after I've recorded a record to my computer. Currently I'm just normalizing every song after I've cut&pasted it. What else should I do or should I skip normalizing altogether?

My current setup: Sl-1200, old crappy omnitronic mixer (I'm sure I would get better sounding result if I replace this (RIAA amplifier??), audiophile soundcard and "normal" home computer.

Cheers,

Jari Tolkkinen | dj ken-guru | http://www.ken-guru.net