It depends on the laws of Austria as to whether you can even make a back up copy.

Down here in Oz its not technically legal to make copies of legitimately purchased sound recordings/musical works onto other mediums (what's known as space or format shifting) and it is also an infringement of copyright to eg. copy a tv show onto a video cassette or hard drive so that one can watch it later (what's known as time shifting)

The government is reviewing this at the moment.

In the States however, these types of "fair uses" are legitimate.

There has never been an action brought by a copyright owner against a domestic/private infringement of copyright in Australia. I dare say it would be the same situation worldwide.

To your question - if push came to shove; firstly you would need to establish that Austrian law did in fact enable you to make "fair use" copies of legitimately purchased copyright material and then, if you had lost the original piece of music you would need to provide evidence that you did indeed once own it.