people only started worrying about this stuff after they staged that "italian dj gets caught playing pirated mp3s" story (yeah i'm deeply cynical...sorry)

so technically if they ever did come after you i guess you'd have to show em the vinyl and/or the receipts.

i think the law in this respect is different in every country...i don't think it's even the same across europe yet.

robin...

so i'm allowed to make copies for my own use of copyrighted records i own/bought.

in case i will be found playing files off of my computer / CD-Rs i will have to proof that i own the original record and everything will be fine

what if i have sold/lost/broken the record in question in the meantime. will i have to produce some sort of proof / documentation that i once owned it, or is it illegal altogether to own a self-fabricated copy of some copyrighted work if one is not in posession of the original *anymore*.

anyone know?