..

just back from some club called Depo: Mikael Stavöstrand and Selffish+ live in one 'hall' and.. drum'n'bass DJs in other.

Stavöstrand's live set wasn't all that perfect but it was really interesting to watch him workin the crowd, and at some point things took off very well indeed. the kick was stompin and there were some cool tricks and enough of variation [glitches, bleeps, noise sweeps and sum kooky percussion rush] yet somehow the irresistable groove was missing by large, my guess would be him being too careless about hihats, one should never underestimate these! also, the ever repeating bassline became annoying in no time.

Selffish set was less danceable but kind of more coherent and solid [you can check his releases on Thinner, he's definitely one of the most interesting latvian producers these days]. however, as i happen to know most of the tracks he was performing, there wasn't too much of a live element thus interaction with crowd was close to none.

ah yeah, both laptop btw:)

Edward George wrote:
maybe without discogs i'll stop spending my dinner money on ebay.