you treat the music and the production as two distinct things. with house,
the studio is the instrument and the production is the music.

yep, i prefer bad production, wack levels, crappy sounds, dropouts and
surface noise. that's exactly what made my bug out in the 80s to early
house. just like the raw, amateur quality of punk attracted me in the late
70s, early 80s. i like raw minimal tracks. you don't need more than 4
tracks to make the best music in the world.

as i've said before damce music is like prog rock waiting for punk to come
along and kill it. viva la (next) revolution.
james
www.jbucknell.com

             Klaas-Jan Jongsma
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
             07/07/05 03:06 AM                                          cc
                                       313@hyperreal.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: (313) new acid tracks to
                                       check....

On 6-jul-2005, at 18:11, Thomas D. Cox, Jr. wrote:

> i almost never hear new records that i like. and if i do, i rarely
> like them enough to actually buy them. theres too much clean
> production and hip sounds out there for me right now....

Hmmm so you think that the production of a track is more important
then the actual music? Or do u prefer a bad production above a good
one? Both don't really make any sense to me, would you try and
explain this to us so more because when i make a good track i really
try to finish it with a clean production to?

ForwardSourceID:NT000202A2