From: Klaas-Jan Jongsma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>Hmmm so you think that the production of a track is more important
>then the actual music?

*I* dont. the problem seems to be that 99% of the producers out
there seem to think so!

>Or do u prefer a bad production above a good
>one? Both don't really make any sense to me, would you try and
>explain this to us so more because when i make a good track i
really
>try to finish it with a clean production to?

i feel like alot of artists are sitting out there trying to make
things sound "clean" or "professional" or "complex" or whatever as
opposed to "good". like all the production values matter more than
the actual content of the music. it seems to me like most techno
is made in someone's bedroom, so it doesnt bother me if it sounds
like it was. i really appreciate that raw feeling of the older
techno and house music. it accomplished so much more with so much
less. this is why i like the modern detroit house sound, they
understand this principle more than anyone else these days (though
the bunker cats seem to be on a similar tip at times).

tom

andythepooh.com